Monday, June 18, 2018

Wild Horses



For My Wild Girl

I do not mourn for your death
You have not left this earth
You are still here for me to see
For me to love
For me to gently hug
But, you are not here
You are not the girl you once were
Dreams of galloping  through open fields 
Up top a horse with a mane you braided
They are frozen in time
Hope is still there
Even though hope has left your eyes
I know somewhere in there
The spark is still burning
We will find it and ignite it
I mourn who you once were
I mourn what you could be doing
I have not given up
Hope is my refuge 

You're my wild girl 
You belong in the fields 
Running with the horses
Howling at the moon
Hair a mess and clothes dirty
With a big smile
Chocolate and green eyes
Spakling in the moonlight
Let the mourning subside
Let this sun wrap it's arm around my shoulders
Let the cold hit my back
So I know I am awake
So this isn't a dream
That my wild girl will come home




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...