Sunday, May 7, 2017

5 Reasons to Visit a National Forest

1. Fresh Air
  Fresh air is always good. Good for the mind, good for the body and for the soul. Your kids will thank you later for getting away from the electronics. 

2. Smokey The Bear
  I'm sure you remember him telling you how to prevent Forrest fires. Now you can get info to your kids, and share a fond memory or two of your childhood. 

3. Nature Centers
  Search info on your local National Forrest. A lot of them have Nature Centers, usually with free educational programs. The rangers are so helpful.

4. Science in Action
 All the science of nature your kids learn from books and movies comes to life. Be safe of course, but you get to see trees older than your oldest living relative. You get to see and feel the different textures from nature.

5. Junior Forrest Ranger Program
   Your kids will love this, and trust me you will as well.

Happy Adventuring!






Originally posted 7.20.13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...