Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Getting Outside

I have been trying more recently to get my kids outside everyday. Sometimes it is just outside in our year playing, or it can be a park visit. We took the kids fishing recently and they enjoyed that even though we didn't catch anything. They got to explore one of our local regional parks and had fun. We know have an annual pass to use the regional park without paying an entry fee. I wish they had annual fishing passes, that is where we end up putting out lots of money. I recently got word on a couple places that we can fish without having to pay per person. In California fishing is allowed without a permit for children under 16, so right now that is all but one of our children.
On they way we have an Interagency Access Pass as well from the Forest Service. The kids are pretty excited to go hiking, learn about more plants, and have picnic when we hike. I do know there will be  a lot of adjustment as we have not been doing all these activities since we moved almost three years ago. We basically became home bodies with an occasional trip to the museum. That is no way to really live. We still love our local museum and keep a membership there. They offer many events throughout the year.
My birthday was yesterday and I was gifted an Amazon gift card so I ordered myself some shoes and a shirt. I thought ahead an ordered winter boots that I am very excited for. The other shoes are a low top hiking shoes, both are by the brand Keen. I asked around and did some of my own research. I have flat feet, a bad foot fracture heal, and bad knees. I will update hodtstw the shoes work out.
Now it starts where we budget in proper shoes for the other seven people in the family. I learned in the Marines and coming from a family of diabetics that foot health is very important. I have made a list on Amazon with some of the things we will buy slowly and I am hoping I can find a good portion of these things as local thrift and discount stores. Everything is an adventure!

Viva una vida adventurera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...