Monday, May 29, 2017

Twilight Hike: Caroline Park






Last night my oldest son and I took a twilight hike at Caroline Park in Redlands, California. It wasn't a very long hike, but we had fun. The park has a few flat areas, but there are defiantly some hills. It was a pretty quiet park tucked into a residential area on the side of a hill. The paths are all dirt, they are good for hiking/walking,  mountain biking, and trail running. 
We would of been home shortly after our hike had I not lost my keys. I will never go hiking again without either a D-Ring for my keys or wearing one of my Macabi Skirts. I have gotten so spoiled with deep pockets, and a zippered key pocket. I hike in skirts, I almost exclusively wear skirts, if not I am wearing a dress. This is just who I am. For being obese I feel pretty lucky I can do these hikes without too much difficulty. Admittedly they are rated easy to moderate. My limits have been pushed, but that it what I need since part of the reason I started hiking again it to purge negative thoughts and emotions. Life with PTSD and anxiety is sometimes very hard for me. Sometimes I can go on like nothing in the world can hold me back, other times I find the thought of getting off the couch to go to the bathroom to be overwhelming. Nature has always made me feel in the presence of God and I feel I need to be in HIS presence more often than not lately. 

Coram Deo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...