Friday, October 20, 2017

What I Am

 
 
 
 
There is so much to process in my feed on Facebook, Twitter, and the news in general. My escape is music, my writing, and planning out what to wear. I enjoy moments of thought and laughter with my family throughout my day. Today was humid and grey, we enjoyed some moments and had some unpleasant ones....such is life. On the internet I have been searching for open mic nights to maybe read some of my new poetry. It's scary to think about, but I won't know if I still have it if I do not try it again. 
When I was younger I was fearless, so fearless. I would do things on a whim, not a second thought. Age, motherhood, and a chronically anxious partner has changed that. At 41 I think I need to continue to work on expanding my boundaries, stepping out more on my own....engaging in experiences that have been on a list in the back of my mind. That is where I am.
 
CW/TW Poem has imagery of sexual violence

 OOTD:
Dress: LaneBryant via Goodwill Socal
Blouse: Unbranded via Goodwill Socal
Shoes: Payless Shoes Source
Pin:  Unique Vintage
Glasses: Zenni Optical








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...