Sunday, November 5, 2017

Desert Girl

I grew up and forever will remain a desert girl. A desert girl who loves mountains, and streams. A desert girl who gets nostalgic when seeing cactus and tumbleweeds. A desert girl who misses dry heat and the smell of desert rain. 
Today, I went to an event for Native American Month at San Bernardino County Museum. I of course walked through the cactus garden before going inside. My oldest daughter was with me, and she took my photo for me. We had a good time together, trying some good food, looking at exhibits, and just learning so much. Every time we go we learn so much. 
Sometimes it is nice to get out one on one with my kids. With my daughter it is very important to me. She is very much a daddy's girl, and sometimes I need her to remember I love her. Kids her age are going through so much, I know it was hard for me. Also, with her needs she needs time to breathe away from all her siblings. My hope is we will have a good mother-daughter relationship as she ages. She is so much of me and her dad rolled up into one.
I was feeling pretty crappy most of the weekend, and I think I just needed to get out into my community. Out and seeing other people, seeing the cactus, and the old clothes on display. While we were there I was noticed by someone from my Master Gardeners class. 
The best part of my day was my husband fixing the washing machine. <3












No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...