Thursday, November 9, 2017

My Love Stays

23 years ago today I met the man that I would eventually marry. 1994 both seems like last week and a lifetime ago. We started out as from the Marines, he was still in. We stayed in contact for a few years through letter writing and a occasional phone call. In 1997 I was living in Wichita, and starting the process to start college to become a teacher. My days and nights were mostly spent working. During that time I had two jobs, one was retail and the other was overnight doing a store remodel. My fear was getting trapped in Kansas and not leading a life I loved. Really, I did not want to be a teacher, I wanted to travel around, write, and go back to the Atlantic coast. So, I made a call to the person my heart still held on to, and that night I left Kansas on a Greyhound bus to North Carolina. Life ever since had been full of twists and turns. Nothing was ever perfect, except in the moments it was meant to be. We have fought, cried, kissed, moved, separated at one point, battled demons and vices, and we have always loved always loved,  and continue to do so.
We are two very different people, which at times is rough and at others it makes us perfect. I am social and he likes to be at home. I like going to crowded places, he likes quiet solidarity. He likes country fried chicken, and I like sweet rice. He likes Tom Cruse movies and I like subtitles. Yet, here we are. Here we are, 23 years of friendship later, in transition once again and yet still loving one another through it all.
Today, we walked through an antique store and it's garden. We shared a meal at McDonalds and came home. It could only have been better if the drizzle would of turned to rain.
I have been writing a lot of poetry and am looking into submitting for publishing. One of my lifelong dreams is to have a book, even a small one of poetry published. So, here is to bucketlist items being fulfilled. There is no desire for my to wait until my golden years to try and tick these things off. These days it's about living life now, withing my financial means of course. Since I enjoy going out and doing things, then I do things that make me happy. Learning, volunteering, walking around in stores (even with empty pockets), and going out with friends. Next week I should be going to a class for holiday treats. It is being put on by Master Food Preservers. There are some people from the Master Gardeners program who are also going. It should be fun.



 OOTD
Jacket: Vintage Dani Colby (Goodwill)
Dress: Torrid
Necklace: Made in the Phillipines (Goodwill)
Glasses: Zenni Optical
Bolero: Torrid










No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...