Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Unaware

Today I got to volunteer at the helpline for the Master Gardeners program I am in. I enjoy the office space, and I was worried at first it would be too quiet for me, it wasn't. Day to day I am used to lots of noise, kids, the traffic of the neighborhood I live in, and media. Even when I go hiking or trail walking, I have my earbuds in and have on music or a podcast. I played some podcasts while I was working and reading one of the books in the office. I think when I am there and have any down time I will read and listen to podcasts. Which reminds me that I need to find a good gardening podcast. Well, I just looked on iTunes and found Master Gardeners Hour. I will give it a whirl and post about it after a few episodes seep into my ears.
I took Joaquin to see his pediatric neurologist today. For now he is off his seizure medication pending an eight hour EEG, but will remain on hos tourettes medication. He is coming a long way.
While I do spend time volunteering, maybe more than some people think is okay for me, I am still looking for a part time job. Our income is really been basically cut in half, which makes things pretty hard. Ideally I would like to keep our house. I know it is not okay to dwell on it, and yet the stress is making one of my eyelids twitch. I think so rest, prayer, and meditation is in order. That is my plan for this weekend.
Last night in the Master Gardener class I learned about fruit trees. Now I need to make a spreadsheet for the trees I have and when I should be pruning them. Some of the trees on the property flower but do not fruit. So now I know how I might be able to help them. I will give it a year and if they no long fruit and are not diseased they will become mulch. Once finances are better I will be investing in a mulcher. There are some small ones on Amazon I have been eyeing. One step at a time, I know this.





,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Horses

For My Wild Girl I do not mourn for your death You have not left this earth You are still here for me to see For me to love...